I was either going to name this recipe “Taco Bake” or “I have leftover veggies from tacos and I have a taste for pasta all at the same time”. I think the first name is better, more catchy! Like most of the recipes I post, you can always add meat or remove meat from it. This time I just left it a vegetarian version and it can be used as the main dish or a side dish as well. I truly believe that any recipe can be made healthy, I focus on organic ingredients, low sodium, lots of veggies and avoid white processed pasta.
- Veggies = Peppers, Onion, Zucchini…I also used Black Olives and Jalapenos as well.
- Pasta = I like the Jovial brand which is a brown rice pasta.
- Spices = 1 tbsp Chili Powder, 1 tbsp Cumin
- (Optional or just use a little bit) = Mexican Blend Cheese
- Hot Sauce = Optional to put on dish after it is served.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box. Drain in strainer and stop the pasta from cooking by applying cold water to it.
- Add to a lasagna glass baking dish the following = Cooked pasta, chopped up veggies, salsa and spices. Mix together.
- Cook covered with foil for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and top with cheese, place back in oven for 5 minutes just to melt the cheese.
- Serve with or without some hot sauce on top.