Veggie soup is a great comfort and immune booster in the winter months. I make a huge amount in an 8 quart pot and then freeze some in glass containers. If you have a smaller pot, then take this recipe and cut the amount per ingredient in half. The vegetables selected is all up to taste, I like to have a wide variety to make a nice dance of flavor in the soup and also to get as many vitamins as possible. This is also great to freeze in glass tupperware and defrost to eat later.
- Vegetables = Carrots, Celery, Parsnips, Leeks, Onion
- Noodles = 16oz Extra Wide Egg Noodles
- Broth = Two containers of 48oz vegetable broth
- Spices = 1 Bay Leaf, 1 TBSP Dill, 1 TBSP Parsley
- Cook the noodles per the directions on the bag.
- Chop up and soften the vegetables. I saute the leeks and onions in a little olive oil in a pan. The harder veggies (carrots, celery, parsnips) I steam to soften them to quicken the process.
- Combine all ingredients and simmer the soup for around 20 minutes. Vegetables, Noodles, Broth and Spices. Just remember to remove the bay leaf before serving.
- Serve and Enjoy!