There are so many benefits to making sure you get enough water per day. I have gotten into the habit of having a bottle of water with me at all times (work, errands, etc). I have selected stainless steel over plastic (BPA-free) and glass options. I find that there are a few benefits to the stainless steel version…
- No toxins to worry about like some plastic versions
- Can hold both cold and hot liquids (I use one to carry my morning coffee and it stays warm for hours)
- Lighter to carry around than the glass versions
- Might dent if you drop it but would not break like glass
- Overall I am working on eliminating plastic in my life (I use cloth grocery bags, glass tupperware for leftovers)
I know there are multiple brands of stainless steel water bottles, my preference is S’well. I enjoy that each purchase supports UNICEF to provide clean drinking water to children around the world. Some of the designs like the wood ones I purchased, also support American Forests’ restoration efforts. They are also “18/8 stainless steel means, there is 18% chromium and 8% nickel” so they are completely safe and food grade, no need for any inner linings. Plus there are so many pretty designs!
Here are some other articles in case you want to read more…