Fall, football and my favorite TV shows have all begun! The weather is getting cooler and the leaves have started to turn shades of red, orange and yellow. Soon I will buy mums and pumpkins to decorate the porch. I even took a chance and checked out my local farmer’s market and found some great produce. My accessories are about to get some usage too with light jackets, vests, scarves and cute boots!
- Smart Ass Trivia Card Game = My husband and I love to read each other trivia cards. You read clues and you either have to guess Who, What or Where. We purchased the Geek Chic and 90’s Nostalgia card packs and they are so fun. The company is University Games if you want to see other types that they offer. I purchased my decks from Amazon.
- That’s It Bites = You know that I like any quick chocolate snack that has the following list – No Preservatives, Vegan, Gluten Free, Non GMO and No Soy. I like to tease that I pick up any package in the grocery store that lists a bunch of ingredients that it does NOT contain. They are fantastic and taste like chocolate covered dried fruit chews. They are a decent size truffle so after dinner just eating 1 or 2 of them satisfies my dessert craving. Purchased from Whole Foods. Vitacost carries this brand but so far just the fruit bars and not the truffle snacks.
- Money on Honey (Droga Chocolate Brand) = These are individually wrapped chocolates with caramel and nuts inside. We got the dark chocolate and roasted peanut flavor from Whole Foods. I have a hard time keeping these stocked in the house! I like that the caramel is made from honey instead of corn syrup. Of course it meets my standard list – Non-GMO, Gluten Free, No Trans Fat, No Corn Syrup and No Artificial Colors or Flavors.
- Snack Factory Pretzel Crisps = I really like that these are thin and oval in shape. It makes scooping up hommus super easy. The “Everything” flavor contained much less sodium than the other flavors offered (yes I checked them all). I purchased mine from Vitacost.com but I have seen these bags in stores as well. They are Non-GMO and I saw on their website a new offer that is organic which I might try.
- Cedar’s Organic Hommus = I have tried many types of hommus but I keep coming back to the Cedar’s brand. I feel like it tastes the best and I like the red pepper flavor. They go great with the pretzel crisps or with carrot chips. I purchase mine from Whole Foods. Non-GMO, Gluten Free and Vegan.
- RX Bars = Normally I am not a fan of protein/power bars. I avoid them since the ingredients are not healthy and they contain so much added sugar that you might as well eat a candy bar. However, these bars have healthy ingredients and felt like a good choice for me. I eat them when I have a small window of time between my kickboxing class and my hot yoga class. It keeps me from being too hungry but light enough not to sit heavy in my stomach. I purchased them from the company’s website since they offered a variety pack. I have not found a bad flavor yet but I think the Mixed Berry and Coconut Chocolate are my top choices. Time for that list again – No added sugar, no soy, no dairy, gluten free and no artificial colors/flavors.
- Plant Therapy Fall Blends Essential Oil Set = These blends smell so yummy! They also smell exactly like their names, Autumn Breeze, Pumpkin Pie and Spiced Orange. This set is only for a limited time (till end of October).
- Taffy Apples = My favorite fall snack is a caramel apple with peanuts. I purchased mine from Whole Foods and it has the granny smith apple which is tart but a perfect compliment to the salty flavor.
- Califia Farms Pumpkin Spice Latte Cold Brew = I do enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning and when I found this fall-themed cold brew I had to try it. It is not very strong in flavor which is nice. It is an almond milk base. I found that adding a little ground cinnamon to this on ice makes a refreshing morning drink. Purchased from Whole Foods. Soy-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, carrageenan-free, non-GMO, kosher, vegan and BPA-free.
I like to keep my iPod stocked with fresh songs for my home workouts, walks outside and to play while I am cleaning the house and cooking. Here are the recent downloads from this past month.
- Disco T*ts by Tove Lo
- Wish I Knew You by The Revivalists
- Sorry Not Sorry but Demi Lovato
- Thunder by Imagine Dragons