Love to make these to use with toothpicks and BBQ sauce (or pizza sauce) for appetizers (good for football game watching) or for spaghetti and meatball night.
No need to cook meat or veggies ahead of time so this recipe is super easy/fast.
- Meat = 1 pound of either ground grass-fed beef (90% lean), turkey breast or chicken breast
- Veggies = Onion, Pepper, Mushroom
- 2 TBSP of BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup of bread crumbs (use your judgement, you might need to add additional bread crumbs if mixture is too wet)
- Crushed garlic (about 2 cloves worth)
- Spices = 1 TBSP Cilantro and 1 TBSP Ground cumin
- 1 Egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Finely chop veggies
- Use hands to mix the following in a large bowl = Meat, veggies, bread crumbs, garlic, spices, egg
- Again with hands, roll into balls
- Cook time is between 15 and 20 minutes, depending on size of the meatballs