This month I have been spending a ton of time preparing for the opening of my etsy shop. I am so far on track to open it officially next weekend. I will have a coupon code “CAROLBLOG” to thank all of my blog followers for spending their time reading my entries. (https://www.etsy.com/shop/StrongPlanner)
I do want to take a moment to wish everyone a very Happy New Year. I wish you the best in health, happiness and love for the upcoming year. I feel like this year is both exciting and a bit overwhelming with my new small business and studying to become a yoga teacher. I will for sure keep you posted on my journey. I thank you for subscribing to my blog and continuing to read my content. I would love to hear from you on content ideas for next year. What have you liked, what do you want to see more of, etc. Feel free to comment on this post or write me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pura waterbottle = I was looking for a new water bottle that I could use around the house and also during yoga. I wanted a larger ounce size than my last one as well. I discovered the Pura Sport 28oz bottle and I was hooked!
- Zero plastic = This bottle is the first I have seen that was completely plastic free. The sport top and sleeve are both made from silicone (medical grade).
- Durable construction = It is made from 18/8 (#304) stainless steel.
- It is BPA, EA and Toxin free.
- Completely leak proof and very easy to drink from without spilling any over the top of the bottle. I also like that the cap which covers the mouth piece remains attached when you remove it to drink. This is helpful to not have it accidentally fall on the floor.
- If you are interested, they also make bottles for infants and children as well.
- Cost = $21.99
- Silk pillowcase by SLIP brand = This was a complete splurge purchase. I wanted something that was gentle on my skin while sleeping. I am not getting any younger and know that I sleep hard (aka face smashed into my pillow). I normally would wake up with indents from my pillowcase all over my face. While it was funny, I knew it was not the greatest for my skin. I have been sleeping fantastic on this pillowcase which I wash on a delicate cycle (cold water) and let air dry. It has a nice thick quality feel. I know it might sound nuts to spend that much on a pillowcase but I do take great time and care into selecting pillows, blankets, mattresses, etc since I know how critical a good night of sleep is for our health.
- I went for this brand since it uses a high grade of mulberry silk and non-toxic dyes.
- Cost = $99 for the King size
Makeup and Personal Products
- Mad Hippie Eye Cream = My eyes are very sensitive. Some eye creams I have tried in the past actually made my eyes red on the off chance that I got a little in them. This cream is smooth, soaks in quickly and I have noticed my around the eye area looks very nice. I keep getting carded when ordering wine so I would say it is working so far!
- Cruelty-free brand
- $24.99 (I purchased mine on Vitacost.com for only $19.99)
- Pacific Enlightened Gloss = Not sticky and a little shine, glides on very nice. It also has coconut and antioxidants to support lip health. My favorite colors include Beach Kiss and Ravish.
- Cruelty-free brand.
- Pacific Aromapower Micro-batch Perfume Oil “Hardcore Happy” = I never thought I would be listing any type of perfume. I usually get unscented items. This one is such a perfect vanilla scent with a hint of coconut. It is made with essential oils and plant extracts.
- Cruelty-free brand and 100% vegan.
- Red Apple Lipstick
- I purchased the color called Rosemancing, it is the perfect shade that is neutral yet has a nice rosey/pink hue. Very smooth to apply and lasts a long time. Hydrating too. I do not know of any store that carries this brand so I purchased it from their site directly. I also have a number of eye shadows from this brand which I also highly recommend.
- Vegan, Gluten-free, Soy-free, Cruelty-free, Paraben-Free and Allergen Friendly
- Badger Sleep Balm (Lavender and Bergamot)
- I use this over my hand lotion before going to sleep and I just adore the scent. It does relax me.
- Organic, Gluten-free, Cruelty-free, Petrolatum-free
- Free of artificial ingredients, fragrances, dyes, parabens, GMOs, synthetics, or harsh ingredients.
- $5.99 for the .75 oz tin
- This Bar Saves Lives
- All of the ingredients that I approve, they taste amazing and proceeds go towards a good cause! For every bar sold, a child in need gets a meal. Win, win, win.
- Gluten-free and dairy-free.
- I purchased directly from the website, box of 12 was $19.99
- Endangered Species Chocolate bar
- My favorite is the dark chocolate with cranberries, orange and cinnamon. I keep it in the fridge and after dinner I have a couple squares and it really satisfies my dessert desire.
- 10% of net-profits go towards protecting and preserving wildlife.
- Depending on the type, they are around $3 a bar, sometimes less than that on Vitacost.com
- Next Organics Chocolate covered fruit
- My favorite is the apricot and banana.
- Organic and gluten-free.
- Around $4.50 per bag based on the flavor you select. You get a lot in one bag so I feel like it is worth it.
- “Havana” by Camila Cabello